- 1 lb. Soy Wax (makes 4 6 oz. tins)
- 4 - 6 oz. Tins
- Candle Wick
- Wick Stickum
- Wick bar
- 1 oz. Fragrance oil
- Reddig-glo dye chips
- Hot Plate or Double Boiler
- Melt 1 lb. of soy wax using a double boiler or hot plate. Heat wax to 185 F.
- Add the color chip and stir.
- Add fragrance. We're using 1 oz. of fragrance oil for 1 lb. of wax. When adding fragrance, stir well and remove from heat. Do not let fragranced wax continue to heat as the fragrance will evaporate out of the wax.
- While the wax is cooling, place a wick stickum on the bottom of the pre-tabbed wick and center it inside the tin.
- When wax cools to 125 F (about 10 minutes), carefully pour wax into candle tin.
- Use two wick bars, one on each side of the wick, to keep the wick centered and in place as it cools.
- For best results, let the candle cool at room temperature overnight.
- Trim wick to 1/4 in. before lighting. (do this each time you light it) and enjoy your candle!