- Plastic heavy-duty trash bag
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Hole punch
- Cut a square from the garbage bag that is 12 inches on each side.
- Use a hole punch to punch one hole in each corner of the piece of plastic garbage bag.
- Cut four pieces of 12-inch long string.
- Thread a piece of string through each hole in the bag and secure by tying the string firmly on each corner.
- Place one egg into the plastic sandwich bag, twist the top of the bag and tie closed with the loose ends of strings. This will also attach the parachute to the bag holding the egg.
- Take the egg parachute to the second floor and drop it from the window or the stairs.
- Cardboard box
- Rubber bands
- Popsicle sticks
- Plastic jar
- Velcro or tape
- Unfold the box and tape it closed at one end.
- Poke one end of a rubber band through each hole and pull it about halfway through. Secure each rubber band with a popsicle stick on the outside of the box so that it doesn't come through the hole.
- Fill your jar with foam or other material and place the egg inside, making sure it is cushioned on all sides. Place the lid tightly on the jar.
- Put the jar with the egg inside the box and pull the rubber bands around the top and bottom, creating a suspended jar.
- Apply Velcro or tape to the lid so it stays closed.
- Take the box to the second floor and drop it from the window or the stairs.