|Step by Step Instructions Windows XP and Vista (PC)
|Step by Step Instructions Windows 7 (PC)
|Step by Step Instructions (MAC)
These instructions are for XP or Vista
A) Download the script file for the printer you want to install and save it in a place you will remember.
Help Desk Middle School
MS Math Classroom
Enrichment Center Printer
Faculty/Staff only printers
Faculty Room Printer
Performing Arts Office Printer
Science Office Printer
B) Open the downloaded file and it will install the printer.
C) On Vista reboot your laptop.
These instructions are for MacOS 10.5.x.
A) Find the IP Address and model of the printer you want to add. Use the list below or go to the printer and record the IP Address and model.
Faculty only printers
- Under the Apple menu, open System Preferences and click Print & Fax.
Result: The Print & Fax window opens.
Note: If the padlock in the lower-left corner is closed, click it and enter the Macintosh administrator name and password.
- To add a printer, click the + (plus) sign.
Result: The setup window opens.
- In the setup window, if not already selected, click the IP button in the bar at the top.
- In the Protocol field, if not selected by default, select Line Printer Daemon - LPD from the drop-down menu.
- In the Address field, type the IP Address of the printer from the Print Server Information (see above).
Result: If the printer is found, the setup will state "Valid and complete address.".
- (Optional)From the Print Using drop-down menu, select Select a driver to use.
Result: A search box and scroll list should appear.
- (Optional) In
the search box, enter the make or model number of the target printer
(you may need to look at the printer itself or print a test page from
- (Optional) Select the printer model from the result list.
Result: The completed setup window will look similar to the following.
- Click Add.
- After clicking Add
in step #9, a window of Installable Options for the specified printer
may be displayed. Check these as appropriate for the printer,
especially if it will print Duplex, then click Continue.
Result: The printer, under it's Spool host name, will be added to the Printer List in the Print & Fax window.
- You may add other printers by clicking the + (plus) sign in the Print & Fax window, or quit System Preferences.