- Click Start, type intl.cpl in the Run box, and then press ENTER.
- On the Languages tab, click Details.
- Under Installed services, click Add.
- In the Input language list, click the language that you want. For example, English (United States).
- In the Keyboard layout/IME list, click United States-International, and then click OK.
- In the Select one of the installed input languages to use when you start your computer list, click Language name - United States-International (where Language name is the language that you selected in step 6), and then click OK.
- In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click OK.
- Notice that the Language
bar appears on the taskbar. When you position the mouse pointer over
it, a ToolTip appears that describes the active keyboard layout. For
example, United States-International appears.
- Click the Language bar, and then click United States-International on the shortcut menu that appears.
- The United States-International keyboard layout is selected.